Floatation Therapy: The Hype Is Real!
Chances are very good that you’re reading this because your curiosity has peaked now that yet another person you know has “gone for a float” and is talking about it like they just got back from a great vacation. So without further ado, let’s dive into the benefits of floating.
Floatation therapy, commonly referred to as “floating” is a luxurious escape from the constant stress of life’s daily pressures and a natural way to heal the body and mind. The concept is similar to the mineral salt baths at the Dead Sea in Israel. But in this case, all you have to do is go to a float spa or health club with a flotation tank, and by now there is at least one in your city.
What Is A Float Tank And How Does It Work?
Also known as a sensory deprivation tank, a float tank is like a big bathtub with a lid that closes shut to make a lightproof and soundproof chamber. Approximately eight hundred pounds of Epsom salt is dissolved into the spa tub of skin temperature water to create complete buoyancy. When you climb into the tub and shut the lid, you find yourself floating effortlessly in a peaceful space free of gravity, noise, and other distractions.
What Are The Benefits Of Floating?
As if in deep meditation, your body and mind achieve calmness, entering into a theta brain wave state resulting in a profound state of relaxation. When combined with the zero-gravity environment, the floatation allows your body and mind to enter into its deepest state of relaxation – not found anywhere else on earth.
Doctors, athletes, and float enthusiasts are using Floatation Therapy for neurological, circulatory, respiratory, digestive, muscular, skeletal, and hormonal balance. Continued research is showing that floating, with zero distraction from sight and sound, brings the body back into homeostasis.
Floating As A Treatment For Health Conditions
Flotation Therapy has been confirmed by many studies to be an effective treatment for the following health conditions:
- Aching Joints
- Addictions (drugs, alcohol, tobacco or food)
- Arthritis and Fibromyalgia
- Asthma and Allergies
- Back and neck pain
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Chronic pain
- Complete Relaxation
- Concentration, motivation and memory loss
- Depression and neurosis
- High blood pressure
- Gastric ulcers Insomnia
- Irritable bowl syndrome
- Jet lag, insomnia and exhaustion
- Multiple Sclerosis, fibromyalgia and
- Muscle Recovery
- Panic attacks
- Pre-natal Pre-menstrual tension
- Post-natal depression
- Rheumatic conditions
- Skin conditions – psoriasis/eczema
- Speeds recovery from illness
Floating significantly improves cognitive function
In addition to these many benefits, your learning abilities are at their greatest and your powers of visualization and creativity are substantially enhanced during floatation therapy. It has been said that you can learn a language in half the time while floating.
- One hour session is equal to 4 hours of restorative sleep
- Reduces cortisol levels back to a productive and normal state
- An environment where the “training of the mind” becomes effortless
- Speeds recovery time after any type of injury and improves ability to bounce back
- Takes you to and keeps you in the “theta state” which allows the most creative part of our brain to engage
- Balance a stressed out immune system through floating on a regular basis
- Epsom salt is a great muscle relaxer and anti-inflammatory mineral, that also aids in the detoxification of the body
Try Flotation Therapy For Yourself
If you are looking for alternative forms of optimal therapy then what’s stopping you from hopping into a float tank- removing your mind and body from all stress and just literally floating?
Desert Serenity Float & Spa is ready to give you the best float experience ever!